It has been 3 days of intense work as 30 members of the class of 2015 enter and graduate from the 2014 College Admission Boot Camp. These students have worked tirelessly in getting a jump on the college application process, by working with their counselors, English teacher Ms. Grinnage, Director of College Readiness Carroll Easterday, and special guest, Dr. Bruce Chamberline from Georgetown University.
Throughout the past 72 hours, students have:
- Focused on identifying a school that “fits” their needs and wants
- Created, edited, and revised three personal essays for college applications
- Constructed a resume for college and scholarship applications
- Assumed the role of an admissions counselor and reviewed essays, test scores, and GPA to determine admission
- Identified scholarship opportunities and where to find money for college
- Participated in individual interviews with teachers and administrators