Boot Camp Registration for June 2018 is now closed.
DATE: Boot Camp is Wednesday, May 30 through Friday, June 1st
TIME: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
WHERE: In the WHS Learning Center
Fee: $130.00 (Waiver available for students who meet income guidelines)
Registration: Boot Camp registration for 2018 is now closed.
This three day workshop provides students with guidance to gain critical understanding of the college admissions process. College Admission Boot Camp instills confidence in participants to reach goals and navigate the process with success. By taking this step, you will alleviate some of the stress time-crunched seniors feel in the fall!
Boot Camp provides students the opportunity to:
- Develop two college application essay drafts
- Create a college admission/scholarship resume
- Research colleges
- Utilization of Naviance
- Determining college “fit” criteria
- Develop interviewing skills
- Learn how to get the most out of visiting college campuses
- Work with national admission expert guest facilitator, Dr. Bruce Chamberlin, Georgetown University (helpful advice no matter where students plan to apply)
- Receive essay coaching and personal feedback, from trained faculty and administrators
- Receive ‘Boot Camp’ binder – loaded with helpful resources including successful college admission essay examples
Registration: Online form can be found by clicking HERE. You may also pick up a hard copy at the information desk, or from Mrs. Shobe in the counseling center. No phone registration option available.
HURRY! Space is limited, and selection of participants is determined by the order in which completed registration forms and payment are received online or in person.