On Monday, October 13th, the WHS Counseling Center hosted a Grade 9 College Night for students and parents. Those in attendance learned more about academic planning and the link to college readiness. Some of the questions discussed included:
- What does it mean to be college and career ready?
- What do I do now to increase my chances of being successful in post-secondary education?
- What supports are in place for me as I move through the college search and application process?
- What should I be doing to stay on track to receive the best chances for success in getting to the college of my choice?
- Does doing well on the PSAT really matter?
Following the large group presentation, students and parents broke into small group sessions, which were lead by the school counseling staff. These small group breakouts were working sessions on academic planning course selection. Counselors also featured the four-year plan with College Power Score and Rigor Meter in Naviance.
To view any of the Grade 9 presentation, or to access the College Planning Checklist, click on the links below.