Jan 10, 2017 Comments Off on School Day ACT for Juniors–April 19, 2017
Registration Is Now Full
Westfield High School has the opportunity to offer the ACT Plus Writing during the school day. This is a chance for students to be able to take this college entrance exam during the school day in a familiar location. The School Day ACT will be held on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 from 8:00a.m. until approximately 12:30 p.m. This opportunity is available only to the Class of 2018.
Why should students consider taking the School Day ACT?
- The ACT is a national college admission test, somewhat like the SAT. The ACT consists of the following sections: English, Math, Science, Reading and Writing. (The Writing section is optional on Saturday test administrations, however all students taking the School Day ACT will take the Writing section.)
- The results are accepted at every U.S. college and university. If students take both the SAT and the ACT, most colleges will use whichever score is higher between the two for admission and scholarship purposes. It is in students’ best interest to take both the SAT and the ACT.
- The School Day ACT is a convenient and timely test administration for students in 11th grade to take the ACT for the first time.
- Students get to take the ACT in a familiar environment, rather than taking it at another high school or college campus. The School Day ACT will be held in the Main Gym.
- The School Day ACT will free up one of your Saturdays for work, spring sports, and other commitments.
Participation is limited to the first 220 students who register. In order to register, students should complete the online form at the link below. Payment of $60.50 can be made through PayPal. (Test fee is $58.50, and there is a $2.00 online processing fee.) The deadline to register is Friday, February 17, 2017.
Students wishing to pay by cash or check can pick up a paper copy of the registration form in the Counseling Center.
*Please note: for any student with a documented disability or impairment who wishes to request accommodations for the School Day ACT, please mark the appropriate box on the registration form. This will allow the School Counseling Center to submit requests on your behalf for special accommodations for the ACT School Day. This does not guarantee approval for accommodations. Students will be notified of ACT’s decisions prior to the School Day ACT.
We hope that many of you will take advantage of this School Day ACT. If you have any questions about the program, please see your counselor.