The College Board has granted Westfield High School with a unique opportunity to officially administer the SAT on a school day. This test administration is provided for the Class of 2014. Westfield is the first high school in the state of Indiana to offer the SAT to its students on a non-national test date as part of our College and Career Assessment Pathway Day. The SAT will be administered on Wednesday, October 16, 2013.
What are the benefits of taking the SAT at WHS on October 16th?
- If you have not taken the SAT – This option is both most timely and convenient for submission to colleges and universities.
- If you have taken the SAT – The soundest advice is to take the SAT multiple times. Nearly all colleges “Super Score” the SAT to advantage students with their highest sub scores in critical reading, math and writing sections. This is key advice for students competing for scholarships where test scores are a factor of review.
- All students who reserve their spot for the SAT at WHS will receive a personal free online access code to The College Board’s Official SAT Online Course—a $69.95 value. Featuring: 18 interactive lessons cover the SAT®’s critical reading, writing, and math sections. The lessons feature interactive activities and multimedia content to create an engaging learning environment. Online course features detailed explanations for both correct and incorrect answers to all questions on the online course. Receive detailed personalized feedback on all practice tests and quizzes. With this information, you better understand where to focus additional study. Practice for the SAT essay by responding to essay questions and getting back immediate, computer-generated scores.
- Students will be able to take the SAT in a familiar environment, rather than taking it at another high school or college campus.
- With work, athletic and extracurricular commitments, Saturdays are often at a premium. By taking the SAT on a school day, it frees up one additional Saturday for students.
Details: The SAT at WHS is offered on the same date as the PSAT/NMSQT which is administered to WHS students in Grades 9-11. As such, we will have alternate activities for seniors that day. Students taking the SAT on this day will not be missing any of their Periods 1—3 classes, and will be excused from the portion of 4th period that they will miss to complete the exam.
Cost? – The fee is $53. Participation is awarded to the first 200 students who submit completed reservation forms. In order for students to reserve their spot for this unique opportunity, students must complete the attached reservation form and return it to the School Counseling Center, along with a check made payable to Westfield Washington Schools, by Friday, June 7, 2013. (Refunds may be requested until June 7, 2013.)
The College Board registration instructions and deadlines will be provided to all students in the fall who have reserved their space. We hope that your student will take advantage of this excellent opportunity to participate in WWS College and Career Readiness Pathway Day.
Please contact the WHS Counseling Center if you have any questions.